Who's Online6 visitors online now
- SURTURS LOHE unveil upcoming album details
- ZGARD announce new album
- AHERUSIA official video for “Ανάβασις ~ Ascending the Martyrdom’s Crown”
- IN TORMENTATA QUIETE official video for “Color Daunia”
- CRAVING official video for “Penelope’s Prayer”
- BUTTERFLY TEMPLE new album out now!
- EMPYRIUM announce new album and release title track
- LEGACY OF SILENCE official video for “Heretical Birth”
- “Spirits of the Forest” by GM is released
- E-AN-NA released new single
- SKÁLD official video for “Rún” - 8,637 views
- ISHTAR – From the Gates (EP) - 2,113 views
- BAL-SAGOTH members form the band KULL - 2,083 views
- ELDERWIND – Волшебство Живой Природы - 1,718 views
- WONDERS OF NATURE unveil upcoming album details - 1,207 views
- ANGIZIA – Des Winters Finsterer Gesell - 1,084 views
- BLACKTHORN interview - 1,007 views
- BASARABIAN HILLS – Spirit of the Native Land - 956 views
- SAOR – Roots - 906 views
- DORDEDUH interview - 724 views
Visitors since 20-12-2014
Author Archives: Dimitris
What a great pleasure is it to listen to such amazing works from bands you’d never expect! “The Great Maddening” is an album that was prepared for many years now by the band Vindsval. Vindsval are from Luxemburg and they are active since 1997, even though they existed since 1996, but with another name (Dregath). In 1999 they released their symphonic black metal debut “Imperium Grotesque” with the label “Skaldic Art Productions”. They were to release Read more…
Another hidden treasure of folk oriental black metal, coming from the most unexpected place. Odious is the first Egyptian band of the genre and “Mirror of Vibrations” is their first full-length after the promising demo “Summoned by Night” in 2003.
Odious’ music is fully penetrated by ancient Egyptian traditions and atmosphere. Folk oriental instruments and tunes transfer you to this glorious land. Images of eastern culture and occultism are projected through their music under a black metal filter. Pyramids, sphinxes, Read more…
After 2005 comeback with “Arai” Kawir return with their new work “Ophiolatreia” (snake worship). Released in a very beautiful colored digipak, this is their most professional and solid work so far.
Nine songs-hymns to ancient Hellenic gods with a duration of almost one hour of excellent Greek pagan black metal. All compositions are big, with very nice melodies and feeling, creating a unique atmosphere, reviving this great lost civilization. I believe they manage to express perfectly their beliefs through their Read more…
A new chapter in the rich folk metal history begun. Svartsot come from Denmark and they release a very good debut. Their black death metal songs are fully inspired by Celtic music and the guitars are built upon folk tunes, scales and rhythms. The extended use of flutes and whistles seems to be their trademark and it’s done by perfectly skilled musicians. All the instruments are heard clearly and have equal importance on the compositions. The orchestrations are very convincing, Read more…
Wolven Ancestry is a new band from Canada, playing a high quality melodic pagan black metal. They were formed in 2005 having a full line up of 6 members and very soon (without any demo) they released this album on their own. In 2007 the label Archaic North Entertainment re-released “The Wrath of Gaia” so the album got a much better distribution.
Their sound is raw and melodic at the same time, with a very underground (almost demo) Read more…
A surprising debut album coming out of nowhere! Dark Forest is the personal project of David Parks from Canada and he formed the band back in 2003 (there are many other bands with the same name from other countries). This is their first full-length work that was initially self released in 500 copies. In 2007 they signed to Bleak Art Records that re-released it including 4 bonus tracks from Demo 2005. The re-release came with a slightly improved artwork and Read more…